The aim of this research programme is to investigate what transformational change automation will create for National Road Authorities (NRA’s). Specifically what new opportunities will automation produce and what core business changes are required to unlock these opportunities?
This research will focus on crosscutting automation up to 2040 that supports:-
1) Road safety
2) Traffic efficiency
4) Customer service
The call has three sub-themes:
A: How will automation change the core business of NRA’s?
B: What new options do NRAs have from digitalisation and automation?
C: Practical learnings for NRAs from test sites
Following an open Call between November 22, 2017, and March 1, 2018, the Programme Executive Board selected three successful projects.
Project Partners: TRAFICON (Coordinator; Finland), Arndt (Germany), HiTec (Austria), University of Leeds (UK), TU Delft (Netherlands) and VTT (Finland)
- Vehicle fleet penetrations and ODD coverage of NRA-relevant automation functions up to 2040 (D2.1)
- Impacts of connected and automated vehicles – State of the art (D3.1)
- Consequences of automation functions to infrastructure (D4.1)
- Impacts of automation functions on NRA policy targets (D3.2)
- Consequences of automation functions to infrastructure (D4.2)
- Draft road map – road operator core business affected by connectivity and automation (D5.1)
- Road map for developing road operator core business utilising connectivity and automation (D5.2)
- MANTRA Final Conference presentation
Project Partners: TNO (Coordinator; Netherlands), Albrecht (Germany), ROD (Ireland), AustriaTech (AustriaTech)
- NRAs and Digitalisation (D2.1)
- Digitalisation and Automation: Implications for use cases, Identification of Stakeholders and Data Needs and Requirements (D3.1)
- Report on stakeholder responsibilities in the areas of data exchange, digital platform, and actions needed for making identified use cases reality (D4.1)
- DIRIZON Final Conference presentation
Project Partners: FEHRL (Coordinator; Belgium), AIT (Austria), ERICA (Portugal), IFSTTAR (France), Maple Consulting (UK), VTI (Sweden)