The aim of this research programme is to improve interoperability within the European NRAs and its stakeholders by embedding the use of Building Information Management based on open standards in their Asset Management and Construction processes.
The specific objectives of the research are:
- To identify the needs among Europe’s NRAs and its major stakeholders regarding the exchange of Building Information in a vendor-neutral way during the life cycle of assets.
- To identify what national building/asset information knowledge can be used for implementation on a European level and for further development.
This Call has the following four sub-themes:
- Exploration of procuring asset information for better projects and Asset Management Systems
- Exploration of BIM data structures
- Design for common principles for a European object-type library
- Design and test a basic European object-type library and open BIM standards